Complete 3 club walks
Prospective members need to complete three walks with the club before applying to join. Download and complete a visitor walk record for each of the three walks.
How to join a walk
We suggest you attend a club monthly meeting where the walks are described and the walk sheets are available for you to register. When you sign the walk sheet, you are signing the indemnity on the reverse side. When you register for each walk, ensure that you:
- Have the contact details of the walk leader as it is important to let them know if you can’t make it so that the group departure is not delayed.
- Know where the meeting place for the walk is and how long it will take you to get there. Contact the walk leader if you are not sure.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the walk commences as the walks leave at the designated time.
- Bring $5.00 for the insurance coverage to be paid to the leader prior to the commencement of the walk. Please have the correct change. We recommend an additional $5-$10 cash for shared fuel costs (if carpooling) and a social drink/coffee at the end of the activity
Applying for membership
So, you’ve completed 3 club walks in a 12 month period. What next?
- Complete the on-line membership application form which includes uploading your 3 completed visitor walk records.
- Pay the $30 membership fee and $20 one-off insurance fee via direct debit.
- Attend the next club meeting where your membership will be voted in by club members.
Any questions may be directed to the New Members officer at email@example.com