29 September 2021
The Sunshine Coast Bushwalking Club activities are guided by the current Chief Health Officer (CHO), CHO Direction and Bushwalking Queensland (BWQ) in relation to the control and management of Covid-19 while undertaking club activities.
The Sunshine Coast Bushwalking Club will follow CHO, BWQ directions and be supported by the listed protocols below:
- Continue to collect contact tracing information via electronic form (i.e. Check In Qld app). Where electronic sign-on is not possible, paper-based sign-in will be used.
- Attendee numbers for Club activities will follow CHO Directions.
- Club activities held indoors will follow current CHO Directions in relation to social distancing and the requirement of the property owner.
- Follow directions in relation to mask wearing.
- Maintain recommended hygiene protocols such as hand sanitiser and/or hand washing in particular at high touch points.
- Not share any personal items like pens, towels, drink bottles, food, walking poles, etc.
- Equipment or tools provided as part of a club activity will be issued to individual club members for the duration of the activity and cleaned after each activity.
- If you are in a group that is at higher risk of developing COVID-19 you may want to consider your own circumstances when deciding to participate in activities (to see if you might be in this group look at the Healthdirect website)
- Ensure that your have personal first aid kit includes hand sanitizer/wipes, face mask and disposable gloves.
- Members should ensure that they have provided all required contact details for contact tracing purposes.
- Members should undertake a health check before activities and not attend activities if they are;
- feeling unwell, or
- have been overseas in the last 14 days or in a COVID-19 hotspot, or
- awaiting for results of a COVID-19 test, or
- have been in contact with anyone who is currently being tested for coronavirus (COVID-19), or
- have anyone in their household who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or
- have cold or flu like symptoms
- Club activities will not be undertaken in declared COVID-19 Hotspots
- Follow sign-in and hygiene protocols associated with Club meetings, hospitality venues and when travelling to and/or from activities.
- Members should consider downloading and activating the COVID-19 tracing app
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current COVID-19 information from the Australian and State Governments can be found at the following links: